As a networking initiative for social innovation Interreg projects, we spent the past two years bringing fellow projects together, discussing the needs of existing projects and ideas for future ones, running workshops and events. Out of this exchange, we ultimately developed a position paper on the future of social innovation in Interreg.
We want to thank all Interreg projects, programme and EC stakeholders who joined us along the way. Now it is time for a new beginning. Join us for the final #socialinterreg workshop on 29 June 2021 for
- a short look back at the achievements of existing social innovation projects from various Interreg B programmes in the current funding period,
- the first public presentation of the final #socialinterreg position paper,
- an insight into social innovation funding in the 2021-2027 period by experts of the Interreg Alpine Space, Baltic Sea Region, North West Europe and North Sea Region programmes,
- opportunities for social innovation projects in ESF+ 2021-2027 and
- a sneak peak of the future of the #socialinterreg initiative.
Thanks to funding of the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community, we were able to create #socialinterreg as a lively initiative of social innovation Interreg projects. As this funding ends, we would like to bring #socialinterreg to the next level and develop it into an independent networking initiative. Currently we are preparing a new, regular programme, which will be launched after the summer break – with a new name and a fresh concept, but the same spirit. Stay tuned and join the workshop on 29 June to learn about the future plans for #socialinterreg.
Please find the documentation of the previous workshop (December 2021) here.